Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week One Update!

Hey guys,

I made it through my first week of PCC(Portfolio Content Creation) and I've already had to make some pretty big changes to my first asset. My first asset is the animation with sculptor. I've had a few good critiques this week from my teachers, especially Barry Temple, who gave me some good advice on getting better silhouettes out of my animation.

That involved some big changes, mainly switching the hammer and chisel to opposite hands. Which meant redoing the constraints and redoing pretty much the first three quarters of my animation for the sculptor character. It was alot of work but it was definitely worth it!

After my first animation lecture with Sean Springer I decided to start working in linear which I think will definitely speed up my work process. I used to go straight from stepped into plateau or spline, but working in linear is a nice in between, if not first, step before going into spline.

I know there's still a lot of timing issues to work on and I still need to add a couple poses in, but this is just after one weeks worth of work. Anyway without further delay here's how my animation looks after my first week of working on it. Hope you enjoy it!



For some reason the video stops at exactly 10 seconds. It's supposed to go a little past 10 seconds but not quite 11 seconds. I blame viddler for probably rounding down to 10 seconds. Oh well, all that happens is that the statue zips off to the right after the girl.

Thanks,
DJ Martin

1 comment:

  1. I like your guy better! Great job, can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete